Covid-19 Thumbnails

For this next task, we were asked to create some thumbnails for the COVID-19 pandemic that is currently going on worldwide. This obviously is a very serious matter but I enjoyed creating these thumbnails. I wanted to focus on some main things that surround COVID-19. For each piece, I started with a 5 by 5 square in Photoshop, then proceed by starting with the linework and figuring out how I wanted each element of the design to be placed etc. After being content with all the linework I started a new layer and called it greyscale, this is where I added all the shading I wanted and highlights and colours all within the greyscale values. After that I created a details layer where I could play around more with different elements some were using a different brush such a pastel, or others consisted of using a lasso tool ad filling it with a colour. Final step with these thumbnails was typography. I tried to incorporate the type in a couple different ways. Some of them I tried to use type as a design element by repeating it multiple times and others really trying to keep it simple and let the artwork speak for itself!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toronto Police Colour Comp

Grim Reaper - Storyboard Comps

Portraits